Friday, April 21, 2006

Dead bodies? What dead bodies?

So I was talking on the phone the other day at work... Well, here is a quick replay.

The players:

MJ = MJ
MJF = MJ's friend

The conversation :

MJF: 'So, would you be interested in seeing that Body Works?'

MJ: 'Huh?' (thinking: 'Does she want me to go to a boutique?')

MJF: 'Yeah, Body Works.. that thing at the museum w-'

MJ: (interrupting) 'Oh, the dead body art thing? Yes, I'd go see that.' (relieved that the boutique thing was a mis-enterpretation)

MJF: 'Yes, at the Museum of Natural History. It sounds interesting...'

(At this point, I'm distracted by an email so I'm not quite sure what was said.. but when it was silent on the phone, I knew it was my turn to talk again)

MJ: 'Um, yeah, I'd take my girls to see that(guessing at what was said). They love the museum.'

MJF: 'Well, it might be kind of intense for them, don't you think? (sounding confused by what must have been a sudden topic change)'

MJ: 'Why? (perplexed noises included) Its just dead bodies?'

MJF: 'Yeah, dead bodies. Dead bodies posed in various forms. No skin, you know.'

MJ: 'So, you think that'd be too much, eh?'

MJF: 'Maybe not for the oldest. I dunno. What I really want to know, is how they get the bodies.'

(I have since discovered the answer to that, so don't bother telling me)

MJ: 'Oh, I guess, like, organ donors or something.'

MJF: 'Yeah, probably some bone, er, dono....(fumbling)'

MJ: 'Did you just say boner donors?'

MJF: (laughing sounds)

MJ: 'I'm pretty sure boner donors are part of an entirely different exibit.'

MJF: (sounds continue, I believe I heard a slight choking noise)

MJ: 'I myself am a boner donor, so to speak. You think there is a place I could go and sign up, or what?'

MJF : (laughing extremely hard, not able to speak)

MJ: 'Did you just snort? I love it when people snort when they laugh. That was a good one. Nice and wet.'

MJF: (laughing) 'Please stop, I'm at work.. People ... are staring (between breaths)'

MJ: 'Hey, listen, yer the one that brought up the boner donor thing.. See a lot of art with boner donors, do ya, sister?'

MJF:'I have to go!! (laughing)' - click -


- - BTW, its BODY WORLD.

2 comments:

vikkitikkitavi said...

Ick. No thanks.

GETkristiLOVE said...

Body Works - Ew.
Boner Doners - Can I buy a season pass?