Thursday, January 19, 2006

What's behind the name?

One of my more enjoyable interests is movies. I like em. I like em a lot. Another is monsters. Not the Charlise Theron type, rather the type that have huge menacing dagger like claws, or rapacious teeth... You know, the werewolf or mutant and/or alien menance type. So, it stands to reason that I really enjoy a good monster movie. Sometimes, regardless of script, acting or any semblance of coherency aside, a good monster can make a movie. But when you put a great monster with a great script, wow, awesome. (This isn't a King Kong review, but the movie is awesome and I recommend it heartily). Top five monsters? That's relatively easy. King Kong is tops, well, because anybody who does so much for love is capacetic in my book, regardless of excessive hair. Sigourney Weaver's Alien is next for sheer sticktoitiveness. The Gillman (Black Lagoon ..) is next as who can blame a guy for falling for a hottie in swim wear. Next is Godzilla because size does matter. And last is the Thing... Carpenter's Thing. Mostly cuz its creepy.

1)Kong
2)Alien
3)Gillman
4)Godzilla
5)Thing

No comments: