Friday, February 23, 2007

What is the Point?

Recently, or maybe, always, you may have noticed that I rarely (or ever) come to a succinct point in my, otherwise, spectacularly perfect posts. There are two reasons for this: 1) I may be a tad easily distracted. and 2) I rarely come to hard and fast conclusions about anything. Some may argue a third reason ... 3) interesting people usually have points; non interesting people?... not so much.

And to those people I say ... ouch.

Now my cyber crush would probably say something deep and meaningful and enlightening. But, hey, she’s like that. Me? Me, I’m vague and spacey and often I forget needed punctuation. Don’t judge me! DON’T JUDGE ME!!!

The thing is, once you suck off the red hot shell from a red hot, it just isn’t any good anymore. Once I suck off the red hot shell from a red hot, I often just spit it into the path of the nearest human. Unfortunately, since I usually suck on them by the handful, this ‘into the path’ spitting often comes across like an assault from a tommy gun (a tommy gun is that weird machine gun that gangsters like Al Capone used in movies like the Untouchables).

Sean Connery once said: ‘If your head comes away from your neck, its over.’ Well said, Sean… Well said.

If I was the Highlander I would have used my considerable wealth to create a light saber. Then that giant safety pin guy would be a pushover. Am I right? Of course I’m right.

I often wonder what the movies would have been like if Sean Connery had played Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars films. Here are some lines Sean probably would have had:

1) What do you mean, she’s my sister? That’s a bit of news I could have used back on Tantoine.

2) Hey, Han, if I’d known that thing was your friend, do you really think I’d have made a rug out of it? On the bright side, Leah seemed to really like it.

3) Q! Where the hell is my light saber!

Any way… I guess that’s all.

No comments: