Thursday, February 15, 2007

I Hate You

Earlier I mentioned how much work it is hating someone, something, or whatever. I think I referenced Tim Hardaway or some other nonsensical human (do animals hate, do you think? Do you think the prairie dogs in the field across from my office obsess about the way I chuckle at them every time I go by?

Prairie dog: ‘There goes that guy again! What the hell is he laughing at!?’

MJ: (Pointing as I drive by) ‘Hahahahahahhahaha!!’

Prairie dog: ‘Man! I hate that guy!! I HATE THAT GUY!! …. I GOT YOUR HUMOR RIGHT HERE, PAL!!!’

It doesn’t seem likely, but I may, just to be safe, try to meet with the prairie dogs to be sure that they know I’m laughing at there funny and cute behavior and not at their, uh, you know, prairie dogness. It may be a hassle trying to convince them to come out of their little tunnels though.

MJ: (lying in field shouting into a hole in the ground) ‘HEY! HEY, YOU GUYS!! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!’

Prairie dog: ‘squeek-bark-yip!’

MJ: (spying a head pop up from another burrow and sprinting over to make conversation) ‘HEY, WAIT! I NEED TO KNOW THAT I’M NOT HURTING YOUR LITTLE PRAIRIE DOG FEELING BY LAUGHING AT YOUR CUTE AND FUNNY PRAIRIE DOG BEHAVIOR! WAIT!’

At any rate, I doubt animals hate, but I’m no expert in animal behavior) who confessed to hating this person or that person based on something as uncontrollable as race or sexual orientation. Heck, or even something controllable like hairstyle, religion, name, or favorite color.

What do you think is better, to know where you stand with a hater or to be completely in the dark in regards to the haters feeling toward you?

I suppose it matters little to gay people (on a personal level) that Tim Hardaway hates them, or maybe it does, I don’t really know. I do know that the fact that peeps like David Duke, Rush Limbaugh, et al, hate blacks really doesn’t matter to me on a personal level.

1 comment:

GETkristiLOVE said...

There's this girl on my hockey team that hates me. She hates anyone that ironically, doesn't hate her ex-girlfriend after they broke up. I think this is a silly reason to hate someone but I actually can't think of a good reason to hate someone, other than if they make fun of Captain Kirk's hair or something dreadful like that. So where was I? Oh, so to answer your question, I wish I was completely in the dark as to why she hates me, but I'm not.