Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hall of Famer pt III: The Return of Gratuitous . . .

As some of you may know, I recently was inducted into my HS Hall of Fame. I may have mentioned this in passing once or twice.

At any rate, during the banquet I was asked many times about my date.

Brief description: 5’9”. Blond. Green Eyes. Generous cleavage display. Engaging. Funny. Sassy. Did I mention the cleavage thing?

I fielded many questions in regards to my date and most of them fell into the following general category:

‘She’s with you??’ Accompanied by an incredulous look.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t that folks were surprised that I was with a beautiful woman, I think the perplexity (heh heh, perplexity. That’s a funny word) stemmed from the fact that my date was (is) married.

Can’t a man bring another man’s wife to initial man’s high school Hall of Fame induction ceremony?

Anyhow, this provided a great deal of amusement for me as people realized that my date was wearing a wedding ring whilst I remain blissfully ring less.

Scandalous looks are priceless.

During one of the many non-interesting moments, I casually and surreptitiously took this photo:


This is the kind of thing you get when one's mind is not suitably engaged. . . The flash sort of defeated all the nice shadows and valleys, so you kind of lose the full effect... sorry.

2 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

I recognize those 'bought and paid fors' anywhere, do I not?

MonstrousJoe said...

GKL - You sure do!