Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ok, Now You’ll Be Assimilated

Recently, I blogged about assimilation, or at least, that was my intent. I’m pretty sure I was distracted and may have had a flashback or something; I don’t know, it was so long ago.

Anyway, the story I wanted to tell was about a boy and his dog. Well, not really, but I’ve always wanted to write that particular sentence and, really, who hasn’t?

Anyhow, I was thinking the other day about, you know, stuff, and stuff, specifically, the stuff that is, like, you know, ironical and stuff.

Like:

I find it ironic (among other things) that Tim Hardaway (retired NBA All-Star) hates gay people so much that he actually comes out and tells the media how much he hates gay people. Yet a great percent of the population hates Tim Hardaway because he is black. Hate has assimilated Tim Hardaway. Unfortunate assimilation. A note on hate: Hate is a lot of work. To actually hate someone requires a great deal of thought and energy, I say even an obsessive amount of thought and energy. The things that people will do for hate simply amaze me and, I’d guess, if these same people more stuff to occupy there time, they might be less inclined to hate. I wonder if hate is more common in area’s where people have more time on their hands.

I find it ironic that more and more slang or urban lingo is making it mainstream. Assimilation.

I find it ironic that the more suburbanites try to flee urban America, the more their offspring embrace urban America. Non-desirable assimilation.

I find it ironic that people tend to want what they cannot have. This must have been a problem for a long time, as I believe, there is something in the Bible about coveting stuff or rather, not coveting stuff. Anti-assimilation legislation.

I find it ironic that Alanis Morissette didn’t ask me to write a song for her. Assimilation deficiency.

No comments: