Friday, March 24, 2006

My excuse? The War on Terror

This thought came to me during some political newscast tease where Bush referred to the war on terror as the impetus for some action. (You want details? Details, shmetails, I say.)

I thought I would walk into my Boss' office and say, 'Listen, Fred, if we are going to defeat our enemies in the war on terror, its vital that I be able to work from Aruba. Now, you're either with the rest of America on this war on terror or you're some kind of anti-American terrorist sympathizer.'

For those of you who are married and are thinking about having an extramarital affair, you might consider this scenario: A man surprises his wife one afternoon as she is busily entertaining the milk man. The wife, without hesitating launches into an explanation. 'John, I know you are patriotic, so you'll understand me when I say that in order for us be vigilant in our war on terror, I need to have Henry here put his 'scud missle' into my "bomb bay door." You don't want us to lose the war on terror, now do you John?"

Yes, now that I think more on it, this War on Terror is going to require a lot of sacrifices from the masses in order for us to be triumphant.

"Ossifer, I un'stand my wrijtzs... The war on terror ... drunk..."

Officer: "Yes, I understand, you are driving drunk thru this mall as notice of your vigilance in the war on terror. Sir, I salute you!"

Seriously though, when I was a growing up, I had this classmate whose name was Terra. Now, Terra was a bit different from the other girls in that when we (we, being the boys) would tease her, she would not back down and on several occassions would deliver harsh consequences of a physical nature. Of course, we started calling her Terror. Little did we know that we would be creating one of our times biggest adversaries.

No comments: