Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Oceans Thirteen?

For the love of ... Listen, I enjoyed Ocean's Eleven as much as the next guy. It was clever, amusing, witty, etc. Ocean's Twelve was crap. Crap, I say! Now I get wind of an impending sequel. For. The. Love. Can't we please move on (dot org)? I am going to blow a bloody gasket. Well, I would if it weren't for near apathy.

Thirteen relatively minor and/or non-fatal annoyances:

1) Oceans Thirteen. Ok, the phrase 'Anything with Don Cheadle is worth seeing' is now officially unavailable for use.
2) I know I shouldn't care, but don't ruin my Fight Club! I bet Palahniuk is having a cow.
3) I saw one of these the other day and winced. Another farce. What the heck are those people from Daimler Chrystler thinking?









4) Jukebox hero. Bloody chorus ruined a potentially decent song.
5) Colorado Buffalo Basketball. Every time they look like they have turned the corner, they lose a game they shouldn't.
6) Listen, I know its been a dozen years, but no way should Samuel Jackson not have won an Oscar for his performance as Jules Winnfield. Course, the brotha's are always getting jacked by the Academy.

Quick aside - There is this commercial where this guy is running around in a suit and tie chasing Nissan cars so he can get a 'contact' rush when he touches them. Wouldn't it be funny if there was a commercial where a guy (or gal) runs around grabbing peoples butts? No? Oh. Ok.

7) No more new episodes of Arrested Development nor That 70s Show. Both were brilliant to the end.
8) I spent part of my day on Sunday throwing snowballs at the pigeons on my flue. That was actually entertaining. The fact that the pigeons were there was annoying. What's more, I know they'll be there again soon. The bastiches.
9) I shave, yet the hair never stops coming back.
10) With all the technological advances we've made in the past fifty years, is it still necessary to litter the roadways with gravel when it snows?
11) Additionally, in case you were wondering, when yer driving, a mild sprinkling of precipitation on a non-freezing day does not immediately require a drastic reduction in speed. You know, FYI and all.
12) When I was a kid it seem perfectly reasonable to put the empty milk carton back into the fridge. After all, that was where it was last located. Now, however, that is merely another annoyance.
13) What they serve at the Bluebonnet restaurant is Mexican food only if, you know, you're from Minnesota.

No comments: